Stored: 35 x 500mL + 1.5L of bits in the fridge + 3 x med. ziplock bags of shreds
What I did:
- An entire bag(50lbs?) of "Deer Carrots"(minus the nasty ones) topped and tailed and scrubbed well
- Run through the food processor "cube" attachment
- Fill jars with carrots and boiling water
- Can them up
Notes on this batch:
- Holy moly this was easy!
- My canner can hold 18 'pint'(500mL) jars(9/layer) and not the 20 the canner book says
- I did do up an entire 36 jars but one lid was slightly dinted and didn't seal. We ate it for dinner the next night and the carrots were tasty.
Post a Comment
Moderated Comments so play nice.