Easy GF Bread
Yield: one loaf
What I did:
- Do yeast blend first so it can sit while measuring dry.
1.5 cups hot tap water into 4 cup measuring cup
1/4 cup honey mixed in
2 1/4 tsp yeast gently mixed in
- Dry ingredients measured into mizer bowl:
1/2 cup each: white rice flour, brown rice flour, corn four, tapioca starch
1/4 cup each: potato starch, BobsRedMill AllPurpose flour
1tbsp: psyllium husk powder
1tsp each: Xanthan gum, baking powder
- After yeast rises and dry measured out, add it to the dry with:
3 room temp egg whites
1/4 cup EVOO
- Mix at least a min. Paddle low to blend and then medium.
- Rise about 30 min in warm microwave (boil a measuring cup of water and then skooch it over)
- Egg wash with some leftover yolk
- Bake at 350 for about 30 min testing for doneness with thermometer(Should read 210F)
- Cool 10 min in pan, then Cool completely on rack
Notes on this batch:
- Start preheat when setting up the rise. Preheating before measuring was too much time.
- Was 40 min to cook through and had to cover after 20 min due to egg wash making very dark
- Egg wash wasn't in original instructions and I don't think it was a benefit.
- Loaf collapsed while cooling but crumb was barely collapsed so.... too much whipped in air?
- Mum & Mrs ate and enjoyed. Not gritty or crumbling at all. I found it rather soft and moist, but maybe more elastic/floopy than I'd prefer.
- Thick slices made great french toast the next morning and I dried and powdered the rest for gf breadcrumbs
- Recipe based on This One
Post a Comment
Moderated Comments so play nice.