Party Potato Salad
Stored: Largest mixing bowl, in fridge for a day to meld
What I did:
- Five pound bag of red skinned potatoes, cut small and boiled gently in potato pot (don't overcook)
- three yellow onions cut up thinly, 3-4 carrots shredded, a handful of pickles cut tiny.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, let half cool in the strainer & mash the other half with a bloop of margarine, a splash of the pickle juice, and 1/2 a jar of mayo
- If your pickle juice doesn't have mustard in it, add a bit of mustard.
- Add the gloopy mix to the solid bits and refrigerate overnight.
Notes on this batch:
- I used a mix of sweet mustard and dill pickles this time.
- Small cut bell peppers or medium cut eggs are nice in this too.
- 5lbs of potatoes barely fit in the potato pot
- Next day I transferred to the next bowl smaller and it BARELY fit. Don't try to mix in a smaller bowl.