Put photo here
Started Fermentation: 2022-11-26
Fridged for Storage: 2022-12-03
What I did:
- Buried ginger for a day or two to make sure it wasn't sterile.
- Rinsed off the soil.
- 30mL grated ginger + 30mL sugar + 3.5 cups water
- Mixed in 1L jar and capped with a pickle pipe before placing jar in a dish to prevent overflow problems
- Next few days 5mL grated ginger + 5mL sugar and a stir before capping again
- Sat Dec, 3 it went in the fridge with a solid plastic cap instead of the pickle pipe.
Notes on this batch:
- Simple process and cheap ingredients. Does require daily attention though.
- Makes a nice warming sweet liquid that tastes good in juice.