Sunshine-In-A-Jar AKA Lemon Curd
Stored: 1 x 500mL
What I did:
- Three yolks leftover from making bread
- two large eggs
- one cup of white sugar
- One lemon fo zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cups cold margarine
- Place the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a large saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the butter, a few small pieces at a time, stirring continuously until melted.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for a further 4–6 minutes or until the curd has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Immediately strain into a heatproof bowl or jar, discarding any solids. Allow to cool slightly and cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
Notes on this batch:
- Perfection as always.
Post a Comment
Moderated Comments so play nice.