Mock Pineapple (a.k.a False Pineapple, Zucchini Pineapple)
Stored: 8 x 250 mL , (1 x 250 mL in the fridge that was mostly syrup)
What I did:
- I found a great deal on pineapple juice and it was the end of zucchini season so I made a 1/2 recipe
- Zucchini top & tailed, peeled, cut long wedges, and then cut the wedges in small tidbits
- Ingredients Used:
- 2 qts. Zucchini (about 7 or 8)
- 23 fl.oz. Pineapple Juice
- 3/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- Also added a pinch of salt(about 1 tsp?)
- Mixed all in pot & brought to a boil
- Simmered 20 min ... but the canning pot wasn't ready yet so it sat on low keeping hot for another 20-30 min
- Jarred up
- Waterbath 15 min
Notes on this batch:
- Doesn't taste like pineapple. Not zippy enough at all. I could mess with the acidity but...
- Mrs and I both like it. Mrs says it tastes like motts fruit cocktail that is missing the cherries.
- The variability of the jars isn't making me happy. Maybe next time I can fill them bits first and then sauce to make it more even.
Post a Comment
Moderated Comments so play nice.