Stored: 5x500ml white, 5x500ml black, 5x500ml kidney, 1x500ml mixed + 1.5L of quick soaked white beans in the fridge
References: https://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_04/beans_peas_shelled.html and https://www.healthycanning.com/canning-black-beans
What I did:
- A little over 3L of beans of various types sorted and quick soaked
- Prepped canning gear
- Drained beans and filled jars
- Topped jars with boiling water and debubbled
- Put lids on gently and loaded canner
- Processed at 11 lbs for 75 min
- Tightened lids and let them sit overnight
- Checked the seals in the morning
Notes on this batch:
- Everything sealed. :-)
- Started with 1L of black beans, less than 1L of kidey/red beans, over 1L of white beans.
- The red and black beans are the same colour now and I can't really tell them apart
- 2023-03-25 while checking jars, found one had unsealed. Disposed of it.
Post a Comment
Moderated Comments so play nice.