Stored: 4 x bag of 6, + 4 "taste testers"
What I did:
- ½ cup yogurt at room temperature
- ⅔ cup milk at room temperature
- 1 egg at room temperature, beaten
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ½ cups all purpose gluten free flour blend (I used the ATK blend)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Boiled up WAY TOO MANY potatoes.
- Mashed with shredded cheeses
- Mixed up dough and rolled between two sheets of plastic wrap
- Used cutter to get circles and then slightly stretched out in hand into ovals
- One Tbsp of potatoes into each and pinched shut.
- Boiled until floated in batches and then strained into a greased bowl
- Once all cooked and oiled they were frozen and then portioned into bags for the freezer
Notes on this batch:
- Gotta remember next time to do just one or two potatoes as 6 make a whole pot of mashed potatoes
- They're kinda dry and need to be served with sour cream or sautéed onions.
- The next batch could likely be improved by a little xanthin or psyllium to give the dough some bounce
Post a Comment
Moderated Comments so play nice.