Stored: 11 x 250mL
What I did:
- Lots of apples(1/2 a grocery bucket), peeled, quartered, and cored(a stock pot full),
- Cook with a splash of water
- Push through a sieve
- Add in 1 cup sugar, 1 cup ACV, and some cinnamon
- Heat in two separate containers to test the ease of each(stovetop pot or baking in a ceramic dish)
- Stir frequently(every 15 minutes) for an entire day until thick enough (will require combining later)
- Can it up into jars
Notes on this batch:
- All jars sealed and stored.
- The stovetop worked best. Next time just do two pots on the stove. The oven idea didn't really work as well as it caused crusting on the edges and I don't think it had the airflow to evaporate well. The stock pot was too deep to stir well.
- Only got eleven 250mL jars of apple butter out of all those apples!