Dried GF Pasta
Stored: 165g bucatini + 247g penne + 255g rotini = 667g
What I did for each batch:
- Weighed 1g: Psyllium Husk Powder
- Weighed 50g each:
- Tapioca Starch
- Fine Corn Flour
- White Rice Flour
- Brown Rice Flour
- Gently mixed well & created a divot in the middle
- 3 Large eggs into the divot
- Gently mixed eggs with spoon slowly incorporating the four blend
- Eventually kneed together to incorporate the last of the flour and formed a potato
After all batches mixed:
- Cut each batch into 8 pieces.
- Ran it through the pasta machine.
- Placed noodles on drying racks as they were cut
- Fully dried for a day and a half before bagging and weighing
Notes on this batch:
- Due to crumbs I missed on the cleaning process last time, the first die I used jammed up with dried bits causing a loss of some dough. This is reflected in the lower weight of the bucatini. I've improved the cleaning process so it won't happen again.
- The tubular shapes didn't seem to dry as solidly as the twisted shape. Some of the noodles cracked while drying along the length. Less on the smaller tubes. This may be due to over handling but may also be due to shape. Might try some xanthan in the next batch to boost stretch/strength.