Easy GF Bread
Made: 1 loaf
What I did:
- 65g each: white rice four, brown rice flour, oat four, tapioca starch, Bob'sRedMill AllPurpose flour
- 10g psyllium husk powder
- 6g baking powder
- 6g salt
Did yeast first so it can sit while measuring dry.
- 1.5 cups hot tap water into 4 cup measuring cup
- 1/4 cup white sugar mixed in
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast gently mixed in
After yeast rises and dry measured out, add both to moving mixer with:
- 3 room temp eggs
- 1tsp acv
- 1Tbsp evoo
Paddle low at least a min after last ingredient, then med, scraping down a few times.
- Rise in the bowl
About 30 min in warm microwave (boil a measuring cup of water and then skooch it over)
Thoroughly deflate with spatula and spread into greased loaf pan. (Wet hands to smooth top)
(Do not preheat) 325 for about 60min
15 min in pan
Cool completely on rack.
Notes on this batch:
- Had read that more protein might help the gummyness so I swapped corn flour out for oat flour
- Still dense and too springy. Damp/doesn't cut well. made horrible grilled cheese. too cakey.
- gonna give up on this recipe for a while and try a different recipe
Post a Comment
Moderated Comments so play nice.