Made: Dinner for tonight (1L) + 1L in freezer
What I did:
- In roasting pan:
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 beet
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- Bake 350conv for 45 min
- Stir and let cool slightly
- Whiz in the food processor with a can of tomato paste and 2 cups of broth
- Cook in pasta pot adding 4 Tbsp brown sugar, two big pinches of salt, and a heavy sprinkle of Italian herbs.
- After simmering an hour or two, stir in some heavy cream and remove from heat.
Notes on this batch:
- Seems it didn’t go smooth. Just kind fine bits in liquid. Food processor seems to be not up to the task and a blender of sorts is needed.
- Flavour is good.
Post a Comment
Moderated Comments so play nice.