What I did:
- 221207 afternoon
- peeled and sliced beets to fill 1L jar
- Poured in 2% salt solution
- Pickle pipe lid & set in tray on counter
- Evening of 221208
- noticed some liquid seeping from pickle pipe, cleaned off with paper towl and went to bed
- Morning of 221209
- there was a large overflow
- Removed lid and puck rinsing off all the mess in the tray too
- Removed 5 beet slices and deboubled with debubler tool
- Topped up with more 2% salt solution
- Replaced puck and pipe lid and returned to the tray
- No further severe bubbling over. Ocasionally tipped to make bubbles rise up the sides.
- Decided to taste test today. No real zip to it so not acidic enough yet.
- No yeast floating or mold or anything so we wait more.
- No further bubbles, seems acidic enough
- Small amount of yeast on surface, scooped off & washed the weight
- Removed pipe, replaced with solid lid
- Put in basement fridge
Notes on this batch:
- Leave more room for fermentation.
Post a Comment
Moderated Comments so play nice.