Lobster Shell Broth
Stored in the fridge: 1 x 1L, 1 x 500mL
References: Out of Old NovaScotia Kitchens pg32 "Lobster Soup"
What I did:
- Ingredients Used:
- Shells of 4 lobsters
- 4 cups broth (replaces the water)
- 1 cup ACV (replaces 1/2 the wine)
- 1 cup Rice Vinegar (replaces 1/2 the wine)
- 1 cup Clamato (replaces 1/2 the tomato juice)
- 1 cup water + 1 can tomato paste (replaces 1/2 the tomato juice)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend (replaces the herbs)
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Mixed all in pot & brought to a boil(smash shells a bit to get at the inner bits)
- Boil for an hour
- Take out the big bits and then strain through cheesecloth
- Store in the Fridge
Notes on this batch:
- Clearly not exactly the recipe, but definitely based on it.
- In the big stock pot, the liquid didn't really cover all the way. If too strong, next time add a bunch of water.
- Unfortunately "Store in refrigerator until needed" doesn't tell me how long this will last so we should eat it in the next day or two.