Stored: 1 x 1L of wings(for soup later), 2 x 500mL with drumsticks and chunks(1 didn't seal), 8 x 500mL boneless chunks(1 didn't seal)
What I did:
- Deboned, cut into pieces and raw packed 3 whole chickens (backbone, skin, bones, etc set aside for broth).
- Wiped rims with vinegar, placed lids on & loaded canner
- Slowly heated canner to prevent heat stress on the cold jars and then processed at 11lbs for 75 min
- After cooling/depressurisation, tightened rims & left to cool
- After a fully cool, tested seals reveal two that didn't seal and needed to go in the fridge
Notes on this batch:
- Drumsticks are hell to debone. I only did two before giving up and canning the other 4 with the bones.
- The breasts and thighs were carefully deboned and chunked up so it's clear which jars have bones in
- The drumsticks barely fit so I'm thinking they should go in a 1L with the wings next time.
Post a Comment
Moderated Comments so play nice.