Pie Crust Dough (double crust batch)
Made: 6 muffin tin sized cinnamon roll thingies plus the 9x9 silicone square dish
References: ATK page #427
What I did:
- 6 tablespoons ice water
- 3 tablespoons sour cream(I used Balkan yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 13 ounces ATK All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend (page 7)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into ¼-inch pieces and frozen for 10 to 15 minutes (I used stick margarine)
- Combine ice water, sour cream, and vinegar in bowl. Process flour blend, sugar, salt, and xanthan gum in food processor until combined, about 5 seconds. Scatter butter over top and pulse until crumbs look uniform and distinct pieces of butter are no longer visible, 20 to 30 pulses.
- Pour half of sour cream mixture over flour mixture and pulse to incorporate, about 3 pulses.
- Add remaining sour cream mixture and pulse until dough comes together in large pieces around blade, about 20 pulses.
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. Turn each piece of dough onto sheet of plastic wrap and flatten each into 5-inch disk. Wrap each piece tightly in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (Do not freeze!)
Notes on this batch:
- Mixing up the dough was pretty simple now that I've done it once before
Post a Comment
Moderated Comments so play nice.